Finally got my new toy in the mail today! I was super excited to try it out, and I have to say, I think this is going to be addictive. I know, normal people, who actually have smart phones, can use apps to track this stuff, but my phone/plan is very limited. I just don’t use my phone enough to be worth spending a ton on it.
Conclusions I’ve made after my first walk/jog with the gps watch:
- I’m slower than I thought!
- I’ve verified that I did really get in 3.5-4 miles on almost all of my walk/jogs these past few weeks.
- This is going to be a great way to challenge myself to actually improve speed and distance. I don’t think I was accomplishing much by just doing what I “felt like” at the time.
- I’m looking forward to changing up my routes and being able to see a map and the distance as I go.
- I absolutely love being able to hold all my mp3s and play them on the watch. My old mp3 player was old and bulky and hardly had any space on it.
Here’s my first workout summary. If any real runners are looking at this, don’t make fun of how slow I am! I’ll get better.
I was really slow the first mile because I kept playing with the watch.
Looking forward to my next jog! I don’t say that often.